What to expect during your Virtual Pre-Assessment:
In order to address your energy-saving needs, our certified BPI technician may ask you to walk through your home and show them various areas, including:
- Mechanical systems (Heating, Cooling and Water heater)
- Exterior of your home
- Existing lighting (interior and exterior)
The technician can also discuss any other issues or concerns you may have regarding your home or energy usage.
This stage of your assessment may take around 20 – 30 minutes.
What you will need to prepare:
- Smart phone, PC or tablet
- Video application discussed during the initial call if applicable
- Access to mechanical systems and attic if possible
- Working flashlight
To ensure your safety:
Please inform our technician if you are feeling unsafe at any time. We recommend the use of a flashlight during the walk-through for added visibility.
To be best prepared for your pre-assessment, please send us photos of the following items/locations if you can. If you can’t take the photos, we can instruct you on how to take them during the virtual pre-assessment.
Requested photos (Click on links below to view how-to instructions):
- Energy-Saving Products: [Light Bulbs], [Power Strips], [Thermostats], [Faucet Aerators], [Showerheads]
- HVAC: [Furnace], [Boiler], [Air conditioning unit], [Water heater]
- Major Appliances: [Refrigerator], [Freezer], [Washing machine], [Dehumidifier]
- Areas for Improvement: [Attic], [Kneewalls], [Basement], [Crawl space], [Ducts], [Exterior]
- Health and Safety: [Mold like substance], [Open construction in home], [Combustion safety], [Asbestos containing material], [Knob and tube wiring]
If you cannot get to these photos before the assessment, or have questions about what to look for, please let us know.
After the pre-assessment:
Once the walk-through is complete, the technician will spend 20 – 30 minutes translating your personalized set of energy-saving recommendations into your Virtual Pre-Assessment Report.
Once the technician has put together your report, they will email it to you along with supporting documentation. They will also order a no-cost self-installation package that will be mailed to your home if there are any lighting improvement opportunities.
The final step:
Lastly, we will take you through your Virtual Pre-Assessment Report and discuss the energy-saving opportunities discovered, including:
- Your personalized recommendations for home upgrades and how Eversource can help you make improvements in the future.
- The incentives, rebate opportunities and energy savings available to you.
- Any additional energy-saving tips that can benefit you.
Please reach out to us at 860-580-9076 or at email@example.com before or after your Virtual Pre-Assessment with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to helping you take the next steps toward saving money and energy.